graze
v
1 [I, Ipr] ~ (in/on sth) (of cattle, sheep, etc) eat growing grass (指牛、 羊等)吃青草
cattle grazing in the fields 在田野里吃青草的牛.
2
(a) [Tn, Tn.pr]
~ sth (in/on sth) put (cattle, etc) in a field to eat grass (在田野里)放牧(牛等)
graze sheep 牧羊.
(b) [Tn] use (grassland) to feed cattle, etc 用(草地)养牛等.
graze v
1 [Tn, Tn.pr]
~ sth (against/on sth) touch and scrape the skin from sth 擦去某物的皮; 擦破
graze one's arm, leg, etc against/on a rock 岩石擦破胳膊、 腿等的皮
I fell and grazed my knee. 我跌倒了, 擦破了膝盖上的皮.
2 [I, Tn, Tn.pr]
~ (sth) (against/along sth) touch or scrape (sth) lightly while passing (经过时)触及或轻擦(某物); 磨擦; 蹭
Our bumpers just grazed (ie touched each other) as we passed. 我们错车时保险杠互相蹭了一下.
A bullet grazed his cheek. 子弹擦伤了他的面颊.
a missile which flies so low that it almost grazes the tops of the hedgerows 低得几乎擦树篱而过的子弹
The car's tyres grazed (against) the kerb. 汽车轮胎蹭到路边石. graze, n raw place where the skin is scraped 皮肤擦伤之处; 擦伤.
I offer ten times the money that Antonio has borrowed.
我愿出十倍于安东尼奥的借款。
You can imagine how useful this is, particularly in countries like China and Japan, which use written characters not letters.
你可以想像得到,特别是在中国和日本这些使用文字而不是字母的国家,这是多么有用处!
So, celebrate your success, and invite your parents to celebrate with you, however hard it may be for them. If you continue to be excited about your future, you may come to educate your parents in the same way.